Careers in General Practice in Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive Care Co-ordinator to join our practice team. The core responsibility will be to provide support for excellent patient care.
The candidate will possess excellent communication and organisation skills, be approachable, have a good aptitude, self-motivated and have an understanding of the voluntary and community sector. .
Full time position 37.5hrs per week Salary £10.98 per hour
Main duties of the job
· Working with support of a Social Prescriber receiving referrals from health care professionals for individuals who may benefit from social support
· Maintaining a register of frail older citizens
· Working within the Social Prescribing team as the designated first point of contact in the practice for our frail elderly patients, their carers and relatives
· Contacting patients over 75 with recent hospital discharges or attendances to A&E
· Sending health and wellbeing questionnaires to patients
· Being the first response for frail older citizens requiring a home visit
· Acting as first point of contact for other allied healthcare professionals
· Attending the locality integrated frailty meetings
· Supporting the relevant named clinicians as a point of contact for our care homes
· Fostering close links with voluntary and community sector organisations
· Supporting the Practice with call and recall systems and admin associated with this.
About us Winscombe and Banwell Family Practice comprise of two surgeries and is part of The Pier Health Group of practices in Weston Super Mare. We are a friendly and accessible team providing excellent health care in our community. We provide a professional, pleasant, safe, supportive and efficient working environment. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org