Careers in General Practice in Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire
- Hours: Up to 30 hours per week (to include Tue and Fri)
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: Comparable with Bands 5 to 6 depending on experience
- Role type: Nurses
- Location: Bristol
Hillview Family Practice
- Identifier: 14
Hartcliffe Health Centre, Hartcliffe, Bristol, BS13 0JP, United Kingdom
- Date Posted: 2017-12-12
- Valid Through: 2018-01-15
- Organisation: Hillview Family Practice
Read more and apply
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly forward-thinking practice under a new and strong clinical team that actively encourages team working and career development in a positive working environment. If you would like to be part of this evolving, exciting team and want career progression, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Initial duties would include Practice nurse procedures such as wound care, immunisations, injections, venepuncture, cervical cytology/swabs, and preferably chronic disease management – either COPD/asthma or Diabetes.
We would like you to have:
- Previous Practice experience is essential, but we will provide training and support for Chronic disease management for the right candidate
- Good time management and able to prioritise your workload
- Be motivated and an enthusiastic team player.
What we will offer:
- Opportunities for your role to develop through study days and training, and supportive clinical supervision
- Be part of a proactive team of nurses, HCAs, clinical pharmacist, and GPs who are very well supported by the wider team within the practice
- Weekly team or clinical meetings to share experience and information
- Part of a team delivering evidence based and high-quality care to our local population.
We welcome informal visits so please phone Hillview Family Practice on 0117 3015 250/251 to speak to Debbie [nurse lead] or Val [practice manager] to arrange.