Careers in General Practice in Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire
We have a fantastic opportunity to offer a Practice Nurse position at Wells Road Surgery in Knowle, Bristol. One of our highly experienced nurses has decided to retire after 19 years of service at our practice.
· Wells Road Surgery is a well-established practice with a list size of approximately 9000 patients and rising.
· The Practice Nurse will be supported by a multi-disciplinary team consisting of 5 GPs, an experienced practice nurse, HCA, Practice Manager, Reception Supervisor and our enthusiastic Care Navigation team.
· We are a member of Connexus PCN, have strong relationships with network practices and benefit from PCN pharmacists, physiotherapists and well being advisors working at Wells Road Surgery.
· We embrace digital technology to support patient care and use Emis Web, Ardens, accuRx Plus, Mjog and Microsoft Teams.
· We have well developed care navigation using accuRx Patient Triage as the preferred route for patients to access the surgery.
· We prioritise staff well-being through daily morning coffee meet up, regular practice meetings, educational events and staff socials which has resulted in high staff retention and effective team working.
· We have excellent relationships with our patients and value the importance of putting patients at the centre of our working day.
Your responsibilities will be:
· Meeting the care needs of patients or where care has been transferred from a GP.
· Initiating and maintaining health screening and promotion clinics for identified patient populations
· Chronic disease management using practice computer systems for recall and screening purposes and for accurate and efficient input of data for nGMS contract purposes.
· Initiates the process of diagnosis with suspected chronic disease eg COPD, asthma and then referring to GP where appropriate.
· Administer adult and child immunisations and vaccinations in accordance with national and local programmes. Is competent in anaphylaxis and basic life support techniques.
· Offers a travel health clinic advice for patients prior to travel, as well as travel vaccinations.
· Treatment room services eg phlebotomy, routine injections, glucose tolerance tests, BP management, urinalysis, peak flow, spirometry, suture/ clip removal, wound management, cervical smears, contraceptive services, ECGs when adequate training achieved. (IUD/ coil fitting an advantage)
· Works within relevant practice policies and procedural guidelines eg infection control, chaperoning, PGDs
· To maintain the cold chain and stock levels of vaccines ordered, used and needed in vaccine fridges.
· Offering around 20 hours per week. Hours are flexible to allow for a good work-life balance.
· A competitive rate of pay is on offer depending on your experience and qualifications. The job meets NHS Agenda for Change Band 6 level.
· You will need to be NMC registered with a minimum of 1 year experience working in primary care.
· The ideal person will be empathetic, enthusiastic and highly motivated person that is confident working alone or as part of a team.
· We have lots more to tell you about our team and the role so please get in touch.
Please send a CV with cover letter to our Practice Manager, Pauline Cole on Pauline.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 301 8579.
Wells Road Surgery, 233 Wells Road, Bristol, BS4 2DF.