Careers in General Practice in Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire
Exciting opportunity for a Practice Pharmacist post at Coniston Medical Practice
We are looking for:
A Pharmacist who is motivated, ambitious and who will enjoy helping to shape the future of the practice.
Ideally already qualified as an Independent Prescriber with general practice experience but will be supported with training and development as needed
Integrating the clinical skills of a pharmacist into the general practice/PCN team. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated pharmacist committed to developing their knowledge and skills to improve patient care in general practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Review/implement practice repeat prescribing policies.
· Manage the repeat prescribing and reauthorisation process by reviewing requests for repeat prescriptions and medicines reaching review dates.
· Manage prescription queries
· Ensure processes are in place for ordering and re-authorisation of high-risk medications and that monitoring tests are appropriately ordered
· Provide expertise in clinical medicines review and address public health and social needs of patients.
· Dealing with patients face to face and on the telephone.
· You will provide clinical leadership and expertise on all aspects of medicines management and quality improvement. Working within your professional boundaries and competencies you will work in a patient facing role, undertaking clinical medication reviews, medicine support and optimisation
For further information please contact Bridget Pearce -Practice Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01179 692508